UPDATED July 15, 2022
Face coverings are currently OPTIONAL at Alkaloid.
Per my promise to follow CDC guidelines, please check the tool that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has provided that helps people determine whether their area is at high, medium or low risk for COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations and whether masks are needed in most public indoor places, including schools. The tool allows people to select their state and county and displays the outbreak level as one of three colors: green for low, yellow for medium and orange for high. Currently, ALL counties in metro Atlanta are in the high-risk category. All three levels emphasize the importance of vaccinations and boosters.
You can read the whole CDC guidelines update here.
We’re all adults here so I trust that those of you that need to wear masks when you need to do so.
Of course, this CDC policy could change and I’m keeping with my commitment to staying within CDC recommendations.
Section 1: Alkaloid Networks Precautions (What I’m Doing)
More Frequent Cleaning
The frequency of cleaning of common spaces such as kitchens and bathrooms will be maintained. (Offices and trash will be attended to on the weekends.)
Nanoseptic Door Handle Wraps & Switch Covers
Nanoseptic wraps will stay on all exterior door handles and light switches.
Higher quality HEPA filters will continue to be used with the new, more frequent, changing schedule put in place in 2020.
Our new friends, the air purifiers, are staying and operating 24/7.
We almost tripled the number of live plants throughout the space in 2020. It’s nice isn’t it?
Tours and Events
All visitors are required to follow our community guidelines regarding face coverings.
Monthly in-person events have resumed; including the popular coffee club and Friday evening happy hour. We are holding these events outside on the patio when the weather permits.
Clear desk dividers will remain in place.
Dispensers will be located at the three exterior entrances and throughout the space.
Exposure Response Plan
It’s still important to have a plan in the event of possible COVID-19 exposure just in case.
Section 2: Alkaloid Member Guidelines (What I Ask of You)
- If you need to wear a mask (see above), please make sure you have it on when you are up and about – entering, exiting or using any common spaces. Masks are not needed while sitting at your desk or in your private office. If you do not have a mask, please ask for one.
- Be considerate when you are up and about. Not everyone has (or can) get a vaccine. Give space if you are unsure.
- Inform any visitors of these guidelines.
- Clean the desk and area when you are done using the disinfectant spray and paper towels provided. This includes the phone nook in the Central Wing.
- Clean the conference rooms when you are done using the disinfectant spray and paper towels provided.
As always, I will watch for any changes to CDC guidelines and update you when there are changes.
Thank you for being a part of this community and your support during this shared challenge.